I was so worried how my girls would adjust to school. Lindsey is taking it all in stride - it doesn't even phase her that she is in "big girl school". She comes home from school and wants to practice her letters and shapes. Is this a sign that she is going to be my academic girl? We shall see... Emily did well too. Of course it helped that there were at least 6 or 7 kids in her class that she associates with at church and, in addition, 2 or 3 kids from her class last year. So, I think it made for a pretty comfortable first day and week at school. I only got 2 calls from the school on one day of the first week (last year, 1st grade, I got at least one call 4 out of the 5 days of the first week of school!) - this is a great improvement! The call was when she got kicked in the eye in class (don't know exactly how it happened) and wanted to come home. She had to have gotten kicked pretty good, because she did have some bluish bruising show up around her eye the next day. All she needed was to talk to me and hear me say that I loved her and she went on back to class.

So, it's just Tanner and me (my buddy - and resident monkey) at home in the mornings. He has been LOVING IT - getting almost all of Mommy's attention. I have had a bit of an emotional time this week, adjusting to my little Lindsey begining school. It will always feel like this, I think. Like time slips by almost too fast, and I wonder if I am doing the best I can - enjoying the moments as the come and go... I hope that all these memories get stored somewhere deep inside us so that we can have them forever and recall them with perfect clarity later. (Maybe when we are all back Home for good...?) WHEW! Deep breath...
6 comments:
You are doing the best you can. But we always wonder if it is still good enough. Never second guess your choices when you make them. At least they come home every night and don't go to their own little families, miles away. But that is still a good thing.
Enjoy it! Tanner will be in school way to soon. The time will be here before you know it.
Advice that you already know sucks to hear over and over again!!! So here's my comment...
You're one hot momma, who has adorable children! They are getting so big and I cannot wait to see them at Christmas time. Emerson will be 8 months old by then. Love you
It sounds like the week went well! It's neat that you get to spend a little one on one time with Tanner for a while.
I am going to copy you on the Prop 8 thing, it has been on my mind non-stop. It's a way to hopefully get the word out more, good job. YES ON PROP 8
Your kids have gotten so big! Has it really been that long since I saw you guys last? I just have to say, Emily reminds me of Ashlee or Jennifer, Lindsey looks like Jessica Watts, and Tanner looks like Jared but with the dark hair and eyes of his mother! It sure brings back old memories. You guys have a gorgeous family! Wish we could've seen you at Grandpa and Grandma's Anniversary.
Post a Comment